Old School (2003)

22:53 Unknown 0 Comments

Been a while, hello. Back with some old school stuff, quite literally. I'm surprised that I haven't actually seen this one before, cuz I've heard a lot about it, and it's like one of those classical and definitely must see collage movies.


Plot: Three long time friends, jus living their lives... One is married, with children, one is getting freshly married and one catches his girlfriend in an orgy. Yeah. So their buy a cheep house, that happens to be on a university campus and kind of stars a ... fraternity.

Actors: What a great bunch! Luke Wilson was always the best looking of all three Wilson brothers, to be honest, tho, whenever he said "wow", all I could see was Owen, ha! And Will Ferrell! He does brilliant body-comedy. Within first 20 minutes we see him bare-ass streaking, so. 



References: Call me crazy, but this movie was a bit of a Fight Club rip-off. FB is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE. I'tend to watch it at least couple of times every year, I lost the count how many times I've seen it, so naturally, I draw some similarities. Like that all fraternity thing. There is one leader (Luke Wilsonç character), everyone calls him "Sir", he gives out little assignments for his followers, they get some basement fighting going on, and the leader even gets free food at diners. 

What I liked: Oh man, towards the climax of the movie, I caught myself thinking "Oh man, I really enjoy this, what a great movie". Great performances, silly, funny movie. No cheesy rom-com stuff, tho the main lead had a love interest, but they kept it classy, so I liked that. I also won't call this coming of a age movie, since they were grown ass men. It had so many cult-classic moment - the streaking scene, the funeral, angry prep speech in the lockers. Ahh, classic! 


IMDB only ratted this 7.2 and I have to say boo, this deserves more, 8 at least. Such a great movie!

0 komentarai (-ų):