Spy (2015)

14:15 Unknown 0 Comments

Sorry for absence, been busy with.. everything really. Anyway, kind of stopped watching movies for a while (it's a tv series season). Watched a while ago, but feel like I should at least give it a mention.


Plot: A desk-bound spy Susan, whose job is to sit next to computer, watch other agents on a missions and help them. One day, her partner in the field Brandley gets killed, so she volunteers to go undercover on a field mission. Something she never really done before.

Cast: Some very knows faces in this one, I mean Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law and Jason Statham, to name few. Supporting cast was very strong as well - Rose Byrn and Miranda Hart were great. What I was surprised to see, was Verka Serduchka as herself (east europeans know him/her quite well). 


Directing: Paul Feig. A man behind "Bridesmaids" and "Heat". Both with Mellisa. All these movies had similar vibe. All really smart and funny, so I wasn't really surprised. 

What I liked: It was a really witty comedy, but packed with spy-movies cliches. Some jokes were better than others. I liked the cast. Oh I looooved Jason Statham. His character was a breath of fresh air. Brilliant. Oh and they briefly played Mika's "Boum boum boum". I love hearing my boy in movies. 


What I didn't like: I'm not really a fan of Melissa, she kind of annoys me. Also, there were a scene, where viewers are exposed to a series of photos of fully erect penis, and that kind of set the tone for the rest of the movie. I know it was a sort of parody for Bond movie, but nothing can top "Kingsman: the secret service". That movie was the BOMB. This one was a sometimes-on-point second cousin of it. 


IMDB is very generous for this movie - 7,2. It's just a bit above 6 for me. I just praise Statham's crazy performace, as it was the best thing about this movie.

Going to see "Crimson Peak" in cinemas today, hopefully I'm gonna love it! 


0 komentarai (-ų):