Parer Towns (2015)

22:20 Unknown 0 Comments

I was never really excited about this one, but I kin d of enjoyed "The Fault In Our Stars", so I thought I might spend my evening with another creation by John Green.


Plot: Quentin and Margo were childhood friends, that sort of grew apart, but on night, Margo burst into the Quentin's room at night, asking him to go on an adventure with her. It was fun night at all, but the next morning Margo goes missing... Quentin stars seeing these little clues, from Margo, about her whereabouts. 

Actors: If you've seen "Fault in our stars". also witten but John Green, you might find some fimiliar faces. Like the main protagonist Nat Wolff. Also, I was really excited to see Ansel Elgort, just for a brief moment. The way they introduced him, was like an Easter Egg for hardcore fans. Hehe, kudos me for catching the reference. Also, unpopular opinion - Cara Delevingne is like the plainest looking girl ever. Like.. seriously... 



What I liked: I loved how all the guys, boys and girls, in the movie, actually looked like 18year-olds. Like, not adults yet, just normal regular age. That was really refreshing. Also music was great (they played my lovely Vampire Weekend's "Taxi Cab", oh and HAIM's "Falling". Lovely). 
Also, the road trip was bad ass. Me, I just received my driving license, I am afraid to ride around my own hometown, I would never have gone to a road trip like that. 
I liked Quentin's buddies, great comic relief in otherwise kind of boring movie. 
I did not read the book, as I was doing with "Fault in our Stars", I trusted the direction, because "Fault in our Stars" movie was really close to the book, so I guess I din't miss much, tho I read the book's ending was a bit different.
I liked that this wasn't a traditional rom-com, not even that romantic at all. It was more of a coming of age tale.


What I didn't like: Nat Wolff was a bit awkward... He's cute and all, but I think his awkwardness was kind of annoying. His character was kind of plain and unrealistic to me. Other characters had a great progression over the movie, even Margo gets some closure, but Quentin kind of stayed the same. N character development at all. I din't like Cara's performance, as I said, the plainest looking girl ever. 

Other than that, I did enjoyed the last outcome of this movie. Pretty enjoyed it at parts as well. So, I'd give it a 7. IMDB, tho, 6,7. Looking forward which next John Green's book will get an adaptation.


0 komentarai (-ų):