Trainwreck (2015)

20:58 Unknown 0 Comments

I really wanted to watch some light easy movie last night, so this seemed like a good choice. Great cast, light topic and some time well spend.


Plot: Amy never believed in relationships. As her parents divorced, her father thought them that monogamy isn't real and that you'll always want somebody else. So this works for her, she is having fun, she is free, has a great job... Oh and she works at some men magazine and is pitched to write an article about this sport's doctor (and she hates sports just like any other girl duh) which happen to be Aaron, a guy she actually likes and wants to spend the rest of her life with. 

Actors: Let me tell you this - I loooove Bill Hader. Even since Saturday Night Live (he was one of my favourite cast members). He is just so funny. Though, when they did promotion for this movie on youtube (they appered on some regular youtube shows, like Good Mythical Morning made by Rhett and Link), he seemed like a bit of a jerk, but know knows. I only know Amy Schumer as a stand-up comedian, but since I do not really follow that kind of entertainment, I can't really say anything about it. Half the rest of the cast were actors from SNL - Vanessa Bayer, Pete Davidson, Leslie Jones, Tim Meadows etc. Also it was fun to see Tilda Swinson into some what different role, but she is chameleon I didn't even recognize her until I read the credits! Ezra Miller was a surprise as well, also Daniel Radcliff and his infamous dog-walker role. You know what I mean. Also bunch of real life sportsmen, like John Cena and  LeBron James. 



What I liked: I liked for even though this was a cliche rom-con, Amy wasn't a typical pretty-pretty girl. Quite opposite, I'd say. More like real life normal woman. That makes her relatable and real. Also Bill's character wasn't idealized as well. He acted like a normal man, not like romantic prince. So a huge plus for braking these clichies. Writing was very funny (kudos for Amy, she wrote this movie), some really fresh and witty humor. 
Also, I feel like I have to mention Daniel Radcliff and his dogs. You all probably remember the pictures of his walking tons of dogs. Well, this was for this movie. Actually for a movie within this movie. It was brilliant! 
And as a plus I'd mention that this movie was directed by Judd Apatow, a great man behind "This is 40", "the 40 year old virgin" and "Knocked up". 



What I didn't like: The movie seemed  little stalling and slow at the times. For example, Amy and Arron didn't even meet for the like the first 30 minutes or so. Also, I know that Amy Schumer is a comedian, but I'm not sure about her acting abilities. And Bill Hader is such a funny guy, like, the best, but he kind of seemed overshadowed by Amy. 


IMDB rating - 6.8 and I feel it's a bit Amy's fault, cuz the movie is some what great overall. I'd give solid 7, just because it is so common and so different at the same time. 

0 komentarai (-ų):