Crimson Peak (2015)

18:08 Unknown 0 Comments

So, saw this interesting piece last night. Beautiful sets, beautiful actors, breathtaking movie.


Plot: Young aspiring author Edith Cushing meet an exciting charming young gentleman Thomas Sharpe. He initially come to America to find an investor, pursuing Edith's father to be specific, to fund his clay mining machine.  He, and his sister Lucille, lives in an old family house back in England, that is build on a huge hill, that is nothing but red clay. As family gone broke, they seek for a funding, so they can keep the house. Edith eventually marries Thomas, and goes to England, to start a new life on a Crimson Peak. 

Actors: TOM HIDDLESTON. Oh, boy do I love him. He's so charming, oh my. And I read, that the part was initially offered to Benedict Cumberbatch. Weh, And Mia Wasikowska is just in her field. Also, thank God, the part didn't go to Emma Stone. That would be weird. Jessica Chastain is just gorgeous. I was surprised to see Jim Beaver, he played Bobby in Supernatural. 



What I liked: I loooved the sets. So beautiful. The house, the Crimson Peak is just hauntingly beautiful. I loved little repetitive details - the use of colour red, the butterflies. One of my favourite scenes in the whole movie - the dancing with the candle scene. Guillermo del Toro delivers his signature monsters - beautifully done ghosts. And I feel I must warn you - this is not a ghost story, this is rather story with ghosts in it. 
Some parts really made me laugh, to be honest. And I thought this intended to be a horror story. But it is one beautifully done movie. Aesthetically pleasing (and we get so see Hidles' ass. Which is not a bad thing). 


What I didn't like: I hated that the main story was so... natural. So explainable and so human. I wanted something out of this word. Even motives were very human. Money, it's  all about money. Sad. Also, I wanted more ghosts :( 

IMDB ratted this 7.1. I can see why that kind of rating, cuz after walking out of the cinema, I felt a bit cheated and mislead by trailers and all. Didn't really get what I expected. But on the otherhand, it was beautiful and trilling movie. 7.5. 




0 komentarai (-ų):